Winter is the perfect time to snuggle up and feel cozy. Here are some tips to help you feel relaxed and content:
1) Listen to soothing music: Find a chilled-out music playlist on Spotify, or invest in an old-school record player. Can you imagine listening to Ella Fitzgerald on vinyl on a cozy wintery night?
2) Create a cozy corner: Set up a comfortable space with your favorite chair, a nice table, and a couple of items that inspire you—like books, fresh flowers, and maybe a journal to record your ideas. Extra credit: situate your special corner near a fireplace, a pretty wall, or even better, a window with a view.
3) Invest in a super-soft throw blanket: Drape yourself in a soft, snuggly throw blanket for your couch or favorite chair. You’ll feel very “regal” draped in all that luscious fabric.
4) Make a homemade body scrub: Mix a handful of sea salt, a handful of brown sugar, and a spoonful of coconut oil to form a spreadable paste. Scrub it all over your body and then rinse it off in the bathtub or shower. Your skin will be super-soft!
5) Spend time with loved ones: Spend time with people who make you feel happy and relaxed. Whether it’s a family member, friend, or pet, spending time with loved ones is a great way to feel cozy and content.
6) Light candles: Light some candles and enjoy the warm glow. Choose scents that make you feel relaxed and happy.
7) Take a warm bath: Fill up your bathtub with warm water and add some Epsom salts or your favorite bubble bath. Soak for at least 20 minutes and let your worries melt away.
8) Drink a warm beverage: Brew a cup of tea or hot cocoa and savor the warmth.
9) Read a book: Curl up with a good book and let yourself get lost in the story.
10) Wear cozy clothes: Put on your favorite pajamas or sweatpants and enjoy the comfort.